Saturday 8 January 2011

MOT

This morning I set off in the cold and rain for an MOT. As expected, all the mechanical non-emissions stuff was absolutely fine; the only bit I couldn't be sure of passing was emissions.

The tester first tested it at idle. Some of the readings were OK, but hydrocarbons (unburnt fuel, I think) was  a bit on the high side - it started off at around 400, with 200 being a pass. CO was also high, hovering around 0.4 instead of under 0.2. We fiddled around for a while at different revs without much success - hydrocarbons dropped to around 220 but CO didn't really move much. He kept trying, and suddenly CO dropped to about 0.02, and hydrocarbons also dropped off to about 100 - so an overall MOT pass then.

I assume the delay is due to the lambda sensor that I didn't replace taking a long time to warm up. They're quite a bit further from the engine than they are on a normal 328, which can't help.

Next step: IVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment