Saturday 18 February 2012

Lack of progress

Not a lot to say this time round: the front suspension is, finally, all back together, tightened, etc and ready to go. Thanks to Ben for coming round to help me bleed the brakes.

Unfortunately the car's due an MOT so no road testing until that's done... and given the weather at the moment, that hasn't happened this weekend. It will have to wait for a dry day. In the mean time, the windscreen is off (it would fail due to the lack of wipers), and the centre mirror and front numberplate are on in readiness for the MOT. Given that I always tend to drive in a helmet anyway, I'm debating leaving the windscreen off. Might see how that one goes.

In the meantime I got on with some garage upgrades: the garage now features 1700 W of lighting, which also contributes significantly to making it warmer, and may help stop me hitting my fingers with a hammer so often.

And the search for decent wheels continues. The main problem seems to be that BMW owners tend to go for big (heavy) wheels - even on race cars, no one uses 15" because they're all running big brake kits. So finding some lightweight 15" wheels is proving difficult. Team Dynamics seem to be about the only option at the moment, which is not very exciting (or especially lightweight). Keeping my eyes open for some Dymags but not holding my breath as these seem kind of rare.

2 comments:

  1. Is no windscreen really better than no wipers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting the windscreen on/off once a year for MOT is no bother. It's not like I ever drive it in the wet.

      Delete