Monday 16 August 2010

Loud car is loud

Finally today, all the immobiliser parts arrived, so I set about wiring in the immobiliser. Well, I say all the parts, but actually I still haven't managed to source the plugs, so I had to improvise there.

I found an old computer lead that was near enough the right size - a bit of mangling and it fitted.

Wires going onto the immobiliser.

An old computer lead was a reasonable fit on the key transmitter. I used the bench grinder to cut it down to fit, and it was ideal. For the immobiliser, I didn't bother with a plug and just used bullet connectors on each pin.

Thanks to Peter's wiring diagram, wiring it in was fairly straightforward, and after a few hours, everything was ready. I turned the key and... nothing. I then remembered to swap the ECU to the one that came with the immobiliser and tried again:


It's rather loud.

A few niggles remain - the idle seemed to climb slowly past 2500 rpm (at which point I turned it off) - I guess this is something like the EGR hose not being blocked off, or maybe an ICV issue. I'll have a look at this tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Should sound great with the exhaust on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds unbelievable through ear protectors - if the exhaust keeps the general sound but just quiets it down a little (not too much...) it'll sound amazing :-)

    Fixed the idle issue today - just needed to block off a hose feeding into the inlet manifold.

    ReplyDelete