Tuesday 28 September 2010

Traction control progress

Some progress here: three out of four sensors are mounted in the uprights, and appear to be giving sensible readings, though I won't really know for sure until I've calibrated the system properly. At any rate, when I turn the wheel, the current output by the sensor varies, and is detected by the traction control box, so I'll assume that's working for now.

Traction control switch mounted.


The control unit is now mounted. Not totally sure if this is secure enough from thieves (it's currently stuck on to a bracket with velcro); I might have to fix it a bit more permanently. It looks good though, and some fiddling reveals that the previous owner bought all the upgrades, so I can do full-throttle shifting once I get a clutch switch installed. This should be easy, it's just a hydraulic switch on a T-piece mounted on the clutch hose.

Also: I asked Racelogic about the upgrade screen issue - they got back to me with a solution within hours on a Sunday. Can't complain about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment