Tuesday 22 December 2009

Chassis Ordered!

More bits on their way... slowly. After a long and very helpful conversation with Peter from GKD, I've put my order in for a kit. The only downside is that it will take 8-10 weeks to arrive, which works out around end of Feburary sometime.

But the conversation has helped nail down the spec a bit: no LSD (he reckons traction control should cover all my powersliding needs), no rollcage (back-braced roll bar should suffice for a mostly road car) some advice on wheels (I've managed to get hold of some 16" M3 wheels off Ebay which should look pretty good). Also I've deleted seats from the spec so I can get my own, though of course I am now overwhelmed with options here...

I've also scored a build manual for their other car, which is similar, so I now have some idea of what will be involved. It doesn't look too bad (no welding required), though Peter reckons about 160-200 hours for novices.

Next step: buy an engine crane.

No comments:

Post a Comment